Stalk me elsewhere

Monday, January 14, 2013

Week One & The Liebster Award


 
Hello, Fire Enthusiasts. Well, as I explained last Monday, my vacation ended and I went back to the day job this past week. I had two wonderful weeks off during the holiday, so I can’t complain. Unfortunately, instead of January, it felt more like August and our traditional busy season. It was 11-12 hours of constantly figuring out how I was going to get everything I was juggling done. Then I had to work Saturday. *sigh* If you didn’t hear much from me, that’s why.

This past week I got no writing or reading done and little social networking in. I did have to spend between 60-90 minutes nearly every day after work, attempting to work off those extra pounds the holiday season caused me. *laughs*

There were at least three bright spots in my hectic week. My latest crossover vampire release received a four star review (“once we got into the heart & soul of (Flash Point), I was brought back to how much I loved book one… When a blast from the past returns for revenge, Nathaniel is never far behind. The characters are written beautifully. The twins are so much fun, they brought a nice feel to the book. James did not disappoint…), it was spotlighted on author and noted vampire enthusiast Andy Boylan’s blog, and lastly, I was given the Liebster Award. It was presented to me by the very cool authorShaunda Wengner.

So without further ado, let’s get to the questions:

1) What would it take to get you to do something crazy, like a polar bear plunge? I’m not a very spontaneous person, so it would take a whole lot! I can be talked into some things, but very often it takes the right circumstances, right attitude or the correct amount of peer pressure.

2) How do you like to take a good long break to recharge your life? Hmm? If you recall the film, “Roadhouse”, than you remember the Sam Elliot line: “I’ll get all the sleep I need when I’m dead.” In order to juggle my long and demanding day job, commitment to exercise and my drive to try out this writing thing, I can’t stop. I try to keep energized by listening to music constantly, which appeases my soul and also try and sit for a movie as often as I can.

3) Do you prefer a good, old-fashioned malt shoppe, or something exotic like, gourmet truffles with a hint of what-not? In my youth, I was very boring with food. It is only as I age that I find that I crave different tastes. It is only now that I can’t have boring foods anymore. I tease my youngest because he’s so “vanilla” that way.

4) Do you prefer views from the beach or mountain trail? Both can be lovely, but I’m an ocean view kind of guy. I also need my creature comforts. I used to go camping, but now that just sounds like work.

5) Can you share information about an upcoming secret project that you shouldn't tell anyone about, but will because your readers are LIEBSTER readers? Well, I don’t know how much of a secret it is, but my current WIP will find me leaving my horror roots and embracing more of a paranormal romance. There won’t be any shirtless male models on the eventual book cover, but the subject of love will practically be a main character in it.

6) Favorite Movie? The answer to this would depend upon my mood. My favs are "An Affair to Remember", "Notting Hill", "Casablanca", "The Silence of the Lambs" and "Creator."

7) Favorite author? I love Pat Conroy, and have mentioned this on these pages many times. It seems a strange choice for a horror writer to admit, but he’s a genius.

8) What is the concept behind your blog? My small publisher at the time informed me that I should have one, so I do. This is my place to say and do what I want, and to, hopefully, help me get my word out about my writing. It is reflective of me. On the other hand, I would hate it if it were only about me all the time. I want this to also be about our mutual love of books, film and music, the occasional sport commentary or whatever else might strike my fancy.

9) What is your favorite holiday? I love Christmas. You know, every other holiday is one twenty-four hour period. However, Christmas is a season and lasts so much longer. I decorate the day after Thanksgiving and leave them up until New Year’s Day. I love the lights, the look and the taste of coffee as it comes out of my holiday mugs.

10) What would you describe as your biggest personal accomplishment? I dreamt for nearly twenty years about being a writer, and still can’t believe people are reading my stories; however, I would never dream about listing that here. Clearly, my family is my biggest achievement, and I am very thankful and blessed. This June will be our 23rd wedding anniversary, and since we married on our two year dating anniversary, it’ll be the 25th all together.

11) Why are you so awesome? I’m awesome for the exact same reason those of you who read this are: there is no one on the face of God’s green Earth as special as you. Each one of us brings something different to the table, and when we’re gone, there will never be another.

Thanks so much Shaunda - hugs and high-fives to you for thinking of me. When I get some time, perhaps I’ll hunt for some people to bestow this award upon. In the meantime, I’ll wish all of you special people a fantastic week.
We’ll talk soon.

3 comments:

  1. 25 years with the same woman is a great accomplishment, but I'd expect no less from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, James. I'm with you on saving sleep time 'til we die. There's certainly no time for sleep in life, lol. Congrats on the award and best of luck shedding those extra pounds;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goоd day I аm so eхcited Ι found your blog ρage, I rеallу found you by accіԁent, whіle
    ӏ ωаs гesearching on Gоogle for ѕomething elѕe, Аnyhοw ӏ
    am here noω аnd wоuld just lіκe to ѕay many
    thanks for а fantastic pοst and a all гound ехсitіng blog (I аlsо loνe the theme/dеsіgn),
    I don’t haνе time to browse it all at thе moment but I have sаved
    it and also аdded іn youг
    RSS feeԁѕ, so ωhen І
    haνe time ӏ will be back to rеad a lot
    moгe, Pleaѕe ԁo κeep up the great b.


    My web site make money reupholstering furniture
    Check out my web blog how to buy and sell furniture

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate you taking the time. I'll get back to you here or on one of the other social networks. It's not like we're not on all of them, right? ;) Also, if you're here to give me an award - bless you. However, your friendship and visits are more than enough. Thanks and blessings.